It’s almost sweater weather and nobody knows how to keep your classics fresh than the experts at H.O.B.O. Owner Jeannie Hughes offers some of her favorite fall looks that are destined to become your next wardrobe staples.
1. It’s all in the details: Look for mixed media sweaters with a panel of silk or a dress with leather sleeves.
2. Toughen up: Speaking of leather, motorcycle trend plays out in a jacket with zippers or more subtle leather details that just add a bit of edge to classic pieces.
3. Better blocking: Color blocking is back for another season, but it’s smarter than ever. Dresses and tops are designed to emphasize your waist in a truly flattering way.
4. Classic palettes: Grays are the major fall neutral, which are the perfect compliment to always chic black. You will want to add a little color this fall in the green or berry tones.
5. Monochromatic styling: Sticking in one color from head to toe can be flattering, but doesn’t have to be expected. Tone-on-tone — as in shades of gray or green or berry in a variety of textures — is the chicest way to go.