Heading down the aisle? Before you get to march toward your marriage, there’s a lot of planning to do. The Wedding Guys Matthew Trettel and Bruce Vassar are the Twin Cities experts on all-things wedding related. They’ll be at Galleria for “The Engagement Party,” an event highlighting bridal fashion, invitation, culinary and registry trends for your special day.
All their years of experience mean that they can give you all of the ideas you need to make your dream wedding a reality. With so many details, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. “Philosophically speaking. Don’t take it all so serious and enjoy the process,” said Bruce. “It’s suppose to be a fun and enjoyable time in your life. It won’t be perfect because in life nothing ever is, and what mistakes happen your guests will never know.”
Indeed, the big picture is what’s ultimately important. “Take a moment during the wedding for you and your spouse to step back and look at all your guests having fun and sharing in your day, that’s what it’s really all about. Let your day be magical and full of surprises for your guests. That means leave the plans to you, your fiancé and your parents,” said Bruce.
Here are five tips from the Wedding Guys about getting started:
• Location: In selecting your venue couples should not just base their decision on just the look or the culinary elements but on both combined.
• Culinary: Restaurant dining for wedding receptions has been trending for any years and we are now seeing couples buy out an entire restaurant for the evening and allowing guests to order a la carte.
• Registry: When couples are gathering ideas for their gift registry, keep in mind the everyday items and place settings, but don’t forget you will be hosting a number of dinner parties for your friends so also up-style the everyday china with a beautiful charger.
• Gifts: Just as everything comes full circle, China, Crystal and Silver Flatware are trending again. Select a pattern that represents your taste and syle but always think about timeless.
• Style: Fashion is so subjective and on the wedding day you want to being to shop for your wedding gown or mother of the bride dress, leave the entourage at home. Like we always say would you ever invite a group of friends to come over every morning and tell you what to wear? Leave this for the reality TV shows.
The Engagement Party: 5 to 9 p.m., Thursday, October 11. The Wedding Guys will highlight trends in bridal, culinary, invitations and gift registries from Allure Intimate Apparel, dugo, Epitome Papers, Hammer Made, Lili Salon Spa, Scheherazade Jewelers, Williams-Sonoma and The Westin Edina. Free for brides-to-be, reserve your spot by emailing email@example.com.